What is IDNYC?
IDNYC is a free card for all New Yorkers, ages 10 and up, from all backgrounds including the most vulnerable communities: the homeless, youth, elderly, undocumented immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, and others who may have difficulty obtaining other government-issued identification.
It provides access to New York City services that come from having a recognized ID as well as complimentary benefits at various cultural institutions and vendors throughout the city.
The Shed is excited to offer free membership for one year to IDNYC cardholders.
For more information on IDNYC membership at The Shed, please see the section below.
Shed IDNYC Membership
- Special digital content from the artistic director, artists, producers, and curators
- Free priority admission for up to two (2) people to all Shed-produced exhibitions
- Access to private member viewing hours of Shed-produced exhibitions
- 15% discount on up to two (2) tickets for every Shed-produced performance throughout the year
- 10% discount at The Shed bar and shop (pending reopening)
*Please note that membership benefits are subject to change.
Applicants must have a valid IDNYC card in order to apply for a free Shed IDNYC membership. Current and previous Shed members are not eligible for membership through IDNYC. If you redeemed a free membership or paid for a membership less than five years ago, you will not be eligible for a free membership with an IDNYC card.
IDNYC membership is limited to one per household.
If you have questions about eligibility for a free membership, please email IDNYC@theshed.org.
Please fill out the basic information requested on this form to start the registration process for your one-year Shed IDNYC membership.
Shed IDNYC memberships are not transferable or renewable.